Today did not go as well as Friday did. Carlee, Catilin, and I all went out together to work our horses. There was a lot of commotion inside and around the arena, so all of them were extra nervous. Jack did alright until I started trotting him, and then he kind of went crazy. He started running around me, rearing, and bucking. I'm not sure if I was doing what I was supposed to, but I was trying to keep him calm. It seems like a lot of the techniques that we've been taught so far are about keeping yourself and your horse calm, and getting them used to your surroundings.
I don't feel like this really worked though. Jack seemed scared the whole time, and nothing I did seemed to help. It was weird though, because although he was scared, he was also being dominant and an extrovert, which are on opposite sides of the spectrum. It'll be interesting to see how he changes the more I work with him. I hope that it'll become more clear to me what type of personality he really has.
No comments:
Post a Comment