Day 13: October 6 - Black Jack

Today we worked our horses for the first part of class, just like we normally do. And then we got split into groups of two for the "Partner Game". For the Partner game, one of us gets on one of the horses bareback, while the other plays the ground games with them. The purpose of this game is for the horse to get used to having a passenger, but he doesn't have to think about anything else that is new.

My partner for this was Rachel and Black Jack. Both Black Jack and Jack are dominant horses, and at times can get super dominant and run around some, so we weren't really sure which horse was best to go with. We ended up riding Black Jack. I rode first, and I'm not going to lie, I was kind of nervous. I haven't had the best experiences in the past when I've ridden bareback, so it's not something that I try to do often. When I was little, I was on bareback, and I ended up falling off and breaking my arm. It took me a long time after that to get comfortable riding again. I was only in kindergarten, and it was years before I was truly unafraid when I got on again.

But, Black Jack did really good. So, my goal for next time is to trot, and not be nervous about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment