I got to ride Jack today! We did the partner game again today, and we used Jack instead of Black Jack. Even though I was still kind of nervous to ride him, I wasn't NEARLY as nervous as I was on Black Jack. It's amazing what building a relationship with a horse will do for you. Jack did really good, except whenever we trotted, he would turn his head and try to bite my toe. Sylvia said that in past semesters he's had some back problems, and some semesters seem to be worse than others. So, it makes me wonder if that's why he's trying to bite.
He was also super cuddly today. When we were standing at the beginning of class talking, he kept stepping closer and nudging me with his nose. Those are the times that I love! It's a sign of trust, comfort, and friendship that he feels with me, which makes me feel so happy, and like I must be doing something right.
No comments:
Post a Comment