I talked to Brother Twitchell today about Jack being so dominant yesterday, and what he said to do was to find "harder" things for him to do. I didn't really know what that means, because when I think of harder things when it comes to horses, I think of climbing mountains, or going through rivers like we do at home. But when you are stuck in an arena, you don't have a whole lot of different options. We've already done the pedestal, bridge, all 7 games, jump, tarp, cones, and ground poles, so I wasn't really sure how else you could actually challenge them.
What I learned though, is that doing harder things doesn't even require an obstacle. Something harder could be for them to have to switch directions more often in the driving or circling game. Or, make him change directions faster. Doing that will make him be more sensitive to what I'm doing, and it will engage him more, thus fixing the dominance problem.
 |
| Switch directions fast. |
No comments:
Post a Comment