Day 40: November 28 - Ground Games

It's been almost a week since I've ridden Poncho because of Thanksgiving, but he did pretty good. We just worked on the same things as normal, and he did just fine. But, we also set up the cones and worked on those on the ground. So, I was really worried about the ground games because I used Jack for them at the beginning of the semester, and now I have to use Poncho, but guess what? Poncho is amazing at them!

I was expecting his ears to be back the whole time, and for him to fight me about it, but it wasn't like that at all. He had his ears forward, and he just walked through the pattern. He yielded to my pressure when I wanted him to, and he stopped when I wanted him to. He's not as fast or excited about it as Jack was, but at least he'll weave through all of the cones without any problems. I think the coolest part is that the work that I've put in on his back to change his attitude has transferred through to the ground work. I've always known that if you put a lot of work in on the ground then it'll make riding easier, and vice versa, but I've never seen it so apparently like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment