Day 43: December 1 - Finals practice

Today I worked on basically the same things as always, except this time I didn't really deviate away from what's going to be on the final at all. And, I'm trying to decide which order is going to be best to do it all in. So far what I've come up with is:
  1. Transitions
  2. Front yield
  3. Circles
  4. Hind yield
  5. 1 step forward, 1 step back
  6. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back
  7. Freestyle (jump)
  8. Cones
  9. Ground poles
I think I should do transitions first because that's what going to make him the most tired. So, the front yield is will give him a little breather from that. But, that's what gets both of us most frustrated, so after we do that I think it would be best to do the circles because it'll get him to move and do something to get his mind off of the yielding, and it'll also be the next hardest thing to get him to keep moving through, so it'll be good to do it towards the beginning. Then the rest of them will be about equal on difficulty, so I don't think it really matters either way what order I do them in.

I think the thing I'm most frustrated with right now though, is that I can't get him to stop after just one step forward. I just build my energy until I feel him start thinking about taking a step, and then I instantly drop all of my energy, but he still takes multiple steps forward until I have to stop him with the reins. I don't know what else I can do though to get him to stop and understand what I'm asking for. I feel like I'm probably just going to confuse him because I'm asking him to go, but then I'm instantly asking him to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment