![]() |
| I don't have a picture with Poncho, but this is the idea. No reins. |
It was really weird to ride without reins. I've never actually done that before. I've set them down to take my coat off, or something like that, but to just have them tied to the saddle horn was really hard for me. Once I started getting used to it, my main goal was to just be able to change his direction, so I didn't worry about the gait. Most of the horses were either trotting or loping without any encouragement, but not Poncho. He stayed at a walk the whole time. But, Brother Twitchell said that if we were telling them where to go, to let them choose the gait, so I didn't push him to go any faster. Next time I ride him though, I definitely plan on making him trot.

No comments:
Post a Comment