Day 24: October 26 - Angry Horse

Well...I made him trot today! I started out by doing the passenger game, but then I decided to just ride him like normal, with the reins, and I got him to trot. He was not happy with me at all! I ended up using a savvy string to get him to do it, and he kicked out some. Nothing I couldn't handle, but he was mad the whole time, and he quit after only a few strides. So, I got him to trot again, and I rewarded it as soon as he started trotting. I think I'm going to have to reward every step, and let him stop, a lot before I can ask him to maintain it.

I hope I can help him. I've never worked with a horse like this before, and I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment