Day 26: October 28 - Cows!

Today was SO GOOD!!! For AS 247 we wanted the cows from the pasture so we could use them during the lab and to record a video. So Brother Orchard got me out of my Anatomy & Physiology class so I could come and help drive the cows up from the pasture. I rode Poncho, and he did so good! He was acting just like a cow horse. He would put his ears back at the cows to pressure them, and he would automatically go towards the one that was lagging back the most. He had so much energy too! He would have been perfectly content trotting the whole way had I let him! I FINALLY found something that he likes to do!
Again, it's not me, but it's a cattle drive.

After we were done with the cows I took him to the outside arena and rode him in there. He did really good for quite a while, but then in the end he started getting angry again, especially when I would ask for a lope. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong that's confusing him, or if he thinks he can bluff me, or what's going on. I really want Brother Twitchell to ride him so I can see how he acts with him. Maybe he will in class on Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment