Day 25: October 27 - Straight Lines

Today in class we worked on going in straight lines. Most of us seem to struggle with getting our horses to go in straight lines. It's really different for me, because my horse that I'm used to riding back home is trained enough that I can correct him for even the smallest deviance from the line that I'm traveling in. But, on Poncho I can't expect him to be that exact.

I found that I micro-manage him way too much. One thing that Brother Twitchell said is that if they're even going remotely in the right direction, then we should reward that. Then, once they start figuring that out, then we can start asking them to be more exact. Poncho is decent at it, but we definitely still have a lot of work to do. So, my new goal: don't micro-manage his every movement. It'll make him much happier if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment