I didn't set up a jump today. Carlee and I didn't have a ton of time to be out there, but I was hoping that after yesterday he'd be more ok with loping for me. I would say that there was a little bit of improvement, but he still wouldn't really maintain a lope for very long. I've had so many thoughts running through my head about it, I just don't really know what to think.
Some of my thoughts: Maybe I just need to get him to learn to maintain a trot and that will transfer into maintaining a lope. Or, maybe I just need to reward every few strides and slowly build up the amount of strides before I reward it. Another idea is that I reward it after he starts, and then as soon as he breaks stride, I can basically skip the first 2 phases and get after him until he starts loping again.
I really don't know what the best thing is to do, so I think I'm going to just try all of them and see what seems to work best. Another talk with Brother Twitchell or Sylvia would also probably be beneficial.
No comments:
Post a Comment