Day 37: November 17 - Two-Track

I am so grateful for my horse trainer/4-H leader, Diana Quintana! And I'm so glad that I did 4-H for so long. Today in class we were weaving through poles, working on two-tracking. So many people in the class seemed to be struggling with it, because they are having to think so much about what to do with which reins, feet, and weight. But, when I was riding with Diana so much, she taught me all of these things, so now it's just a matter of teaching Poncho to do it, rather than me and him at the same time.
Two-tracking

Another new development today was that he's offering a lope for me. I don't really know how to take it, because he's never done that! In class when Brother Twitchell has ridden some of the other horses, he just lets them lope or buck or do whatever they want until they choose to come back down to a trot, and then he rewarded them. So right now that's what I'm trying. I don't know if he's just excited and has a lot of energy, or if he's getting dominant in a different way. I'm going to have to see if he does it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment