I feel like my heart is breaking. The horse that Brother Twitchell and Sylvia assigned to me is Poncho. Poncho is one of the other horses that is in the same pen with Jack. So, when I went to meet Poncho today, I was petting Jack first. Then, I went started petting Poncho, and Jack came over to us and put his ears back at Poncho to make him go away. And if I tried to move away from him he just followed me. Then, if either of the horses tried to come up to us, he wouldn't let them get close to me. It's breaking my heart, because he wants to do these things, and he likes me, but I can't work with him anymore.
So, the story about Poncho is that he is one of the Basic 1 horses. He's been one for a long time, and he just hates it now because the beginning students don't give them any rewards, they just hang on them the whole time. So now he always has his ears pinned back, and he will try kicking out, or bucking, just because he doesn't want to do what you're asking. That is the purpose of me working with Poncho in this class. The goal is that at the end of the semester he will be happy, and he will like life again.
No comments:
Post a Comment