Day 29: November 3 - Sorting

Instead of working in the arena today for class, we went outside and drove some of the bulls into a pen. And then some of us stayed and helped to sort some cows and heifers out of the herd. It was a lot of fun, and just like before, Poncho loved it! This time instead of just driving the cows, we got to go in the herd and separate them, so it was a lot of fun. I'd never done it on horses before, so it was a really good learning experience for me.

It was really interesting, because I found that in some situations, my riding would change some, which would confuse Poncho. I don't think I moved through my phases the way I should have. Instead of starting at phase 1, I think I pretty much always started at phase 2 or 3. I'm realizing that that is something that I need to work on. I need to stay consistent no matter what situation I am in, and eventually I will never have to go to a bigger phase than phase 1 and he will respond to me immediately. Consistency is the key though. Hopefully I'll be able to apply that in the arena too.

No comments:

Post a Comment