Day 30: November 4 - Happy Ears

It's amazing to see the improvement in Poncho since I began working with him. Even Brother Twitchell and some of the instructors are noticing it while I'm riding outside of class. Today we were just trotting around the arena, and he had his ears up the whole time! The only time he would put them back was when I was actually asking for it, but then as soon as he started and I released the pressure, he put them up and just kept trotting. It was great!

I just love that I can physically see the improvement. Poncho's countenance is completely different now than it was a few weeks ago. He's realizing that life really isn't that bad, and that he can trust me to reward him when he does something right. Although I do still miss Jack and wish that I could work with him, I'm glad that I've been able to help Poncho, and fix his attitude a little bit.
Happy ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment