Carlee and I went out to ride together today. It was another really good day. I've always known it, but this semester has made me realize even more that any day that I go out to ride with a truly good attitude, it's going to be a good day. As long as I look on the bright side of whatever is happening, I will be much happier. And, when I'm happier, then Poncho is going to be happier too.
For example, today we did a lot more trotting and his ears were up the whole time. I've also been working to get him to keep loping, and although they are usually back while we're loping, and we have to go to phase 4 quite often to pick up a lope, there were a few times that he put his ears up. That in itself is huge improvement. When I first started with him, we couldn't even walk without him pinning his ears back.
No comments:
Post a Comment