Day 33: November 10 - Digression

It's funny because just the other day I was talking to Brother Twitchell about how good Poncho is doing, and he mentioned that there might be some digression in his progress. Well, I think I am seeing that digression now. Class was cancelled today, but a few of us went out anyway and rode in the outside arena. As long as we were trotting along the outside of the arena he was fine, but as soon as I took him towards the middle, or tried to go in a circle, or tried to lope, he would either just completely shut down, or he would buck, and he was just mad the entire time.

I really don't know what to do about it. I know he's completely capable of doing the things that I'm asking him to do, because he's done them before. So should I force him to do it? Or should I digress too, and go back to only asking him to go a few steps at a time before I reward it? I'm really frustrated, and I hate not knowing what to do next.
He doesn't want to do anything! : /

No comments:

Post a Comment